Internet Brand Protection Tips for Your Business
Thanks to the continued widespread internet use nowadays, more and more brands are enjoying branding opportunities without having to use a great deal of energy. The internet has widened the network of brands making it possible for companies to gain more customers and make direct sales than ever before.
On the other hand, as a consequence, online challenges have also crept in with cybercrime (impersonators, cyber squatting,) among the top ranked online brand threats to date. The latter has seen many new organizations struggle to penetrate new online territories and widen their customer base thus the need for more security measures to protect brands from impending online infringements.
How to Protect Your Brand Online
2. Develop an Online Brand Protection Strategy For Your Company
- An online Brand protection strategy is a solid plan that helps your company proactively deal with impending online threats that may threaten to clump down on your revenue source, devalue your brand reputation and affect your online customer retention strategy. It prevents cyber criminals from intercepting your web traffic, including using your brand for personal gain.
- As you think of using this strategy for your business, don’t forget to include Social media channels and Mobile apps in your plan as these digital channels are always prone to brand impersonation which may easily have an effect on your return on investment.
2. Check on your .KE Domain Security
- KE Domain security is important for any brand. It protects your customers, brand name, logo and content from trademark infringement or unwarranted online violations. This is especially important if you are considering launching your business in Kenya. Make sure that your .KE domain has not been hosted and used to dupe customers at your brands expense.
- If you already have secured your .KE domain name, then you may want to take this further by considering having multiple .KE domains, for example .me.ke. This is an effective online security and marketing strategy that prevents competitors from sharing or using your domain names and digital channels. The good thing with having multiple company domains is that it allows you as a company to effectively highlight and promote different aspects of your brand, do relative audiences fragmentation when need be, and importantly conduct seamless campaigns without causing customer confusion.
3. Get your Brand Guidelines Right
- Setting up brand guidelines is a major part of protecting your business as well as your customers. These guidelines help your business enablers and employees understand how to engage with your brand online, and more importantly minimize customer misperceptions.
The success of your business can easily be affected by how well you manage your brand online. To be safe, take into consideration some of the above tips as well as log on to www.kenic.or.ke to learn more on how to register your .KE domain name today.
By: Terry Asena