How To Choose A Domain Name
A domain name is the unique and specific address of your website. It is what your visitors will type in their browsers in order to get to your site. Your domain name is often one of the first things someone sees, and it can affect their impression of your website and your brand.
Choosing a domain name can be one of the most important steps in establishing your brand or business. It is important to choose the right domain name for your business for purposes of creating a credible, trust-worthy online presence.
Here are some helpful tips when considering which domain name to go with:
1. Choose the right domain extension – With many TLDs to choose from, brands now have more options to create a distinctive domain name that quickly communicates the purpose and value of their offering. With ccTLDs like .KE, your domain name immediately lets your visitors know where your business is located and gives your business an identity.
2. Get a brand-specific domain name – Your domain name should reflect your brand, and vice versa. Try to find a domain that is as close as possible to your brand name. Also, ensure your domain name is brandable – when you hear or see the domain name, it should sound like a brand. Avoid hyphens and numbers which tend to sound generic.
3. Keywords and SEO – Relevant words help users find you in a search and recognize what you do immediately. Keywords can include what you do or offer or even your location. They can help to improve your SEO but a domain that is only made of keywords can look too generic and even suspicious.
4. Avoid trademark infringement – Before you move forward with a specific domain name, check to see if the name is available. Avoid legal issues by checking if your name is already registered or in use by somebody else. This can also create brand confusion, which is hard for your brandability.
5. Short, memorable, easy to type & pronounce – When it comes to the length of your domain, shorter is better, easier to remember and to type. Your visitors should also be able to type your domain name without a problem. Furthermore, it should be easy to pronounce which increases memorability and site traffic through word-of-mouth.
When it comes to your domain name, think long term. This will be your internet identity and will define a big part of your business. Register the perfect domain name for your business on https://kenic.or.ke/.