Cyber Security is all about having multiple layers of protection spread across computers, networks, programs or data that one intent to keep safe. Cyber Security is the procedure of protecting systems, networks and programs from digital attacks. These cyber-attacks are usually aimed at having access or even changing of passwords, blackmail and destroying sensitive information.
Types of Cyber Threats
Some of the common types of cyber threats include:
- Malware-This is a malicious software such as ransomware. This software is activated when one clicks on a malicious link leading to installing the dangerous software.
- Phishing-Phishing attack is the use of fake means of communication such as emails. When the receiver opens the email, they are instructed to follow on certain procedures. This results to providing information such as credit cards and log in information.
- Man, in the middle- This type of attack occurs when hackers insert themselves into a two-party transaction. This attack happens when a user uses unsecured public Wi-Fi network.
- Passwords attacks: This strategy of cyber-attack relies heavily on human interaction and often involves tricking people into breaking standard security practices
Measures of Cyber Security
- IOT (Internet of Security)- Involves securing smart devices ad network connect to IOT. Some of the IOT devices include smart fire alarms, lights and thermostats that connect to the internet without human intervention
- Network Security-Network security majorly involves addressing the vulnerability affecting your operating system and networking
- Application security-This is an application designed to protect a specific data.
- End-User Education: End-user education involves teaching users to delete suspicious email attachments, not plug in unidentified USB drives.
-By Anne Wahito, Marketing Intern