Unlock your potential at KENIC
Reports to: Marketing Manager
KeNIC is a company, limited by guarantee, licensed to manage and administer the dot ke Country Code Top-Level Domain (.Ke ccTLD) name. This took place after intensive consultations with the Local Internet Community. This public-private partnership was therefore the initial step in facilitating the growth and uptake of the Internet in Kenya.
In our endeavor on institutional strengthening, KENIC is seeking for dynamic, self-driven and results oriented individual to take up the role of Business Development Officer (BDO).
The Business Development Officer’s duty is to position the company as an enabler of digital economy by leading in new business development efforts including writing successful proposals for implementation. Support sales and marketing operations and ensure achievement of sales targets, profitability and growth. The Business Development Officer should have excellent writing skills, be solution-oriented and results-driven.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- The BDO will focus on identifying, qualifying, and securing business opportunities with Partners.
- Achieve sales target for domain registration, domain renewal and membership renewal.
- Oversee engagement with Registrars and implement initiatives that will grow domain registration, domain renewal and membership renewal.
- Sales and Marketing team leader.
- Work with the Account Executive and Customer Care Executive to run sales campaigns, support Registrars and address client needs.
- Identify new strategic partnerships.
- Work with the Marketing Manager to prepare proposals for partnership opportunities, develop a proposal schedule and own the entire process.
- Identify new business opportunities in different counties.
- Create informative presentations; present and deliver information to potential clients at client meetings, industry exhibitions, trade shows, and conferences.
- Work with institutions of higher learning, Corporates, SMEs to identify partnership opportunities.
- Research and identify new business opportunities - including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products and services - or new ways of reaching existing markets.
- Understand the needs of our customers and be able to respond effectively with a plan of action.
- Provide a work plan for action on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly basis, in line with overall department goals.
- Think strategically - seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and objectives in order to develop and improve the business.
- Have a good understanding of the businesses' products or services and be able to offer advice.
- Attend seminars, conferences and events where appropriate
- Keep abreast of trends and changes in the Domain Name industry.
- Manage and disseminate business intelligence and positioning information obtained from networks and other work-related assignments.
- Manage and retain relationships with existing clients.
- Assist in preparing marketing budgets.
- Represent the company in meetings, conferences, etc., and disseminate information regarding the organization
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Marketing or related field
- Demonstrated experience in B2B strategy development.
- At least 5+ years’ experience in business development.
- Ability to manage diverse teams.
- Excellent oral and writing skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with a willingness to assume responsibilities and take initiative.
- Good time management skills, especially when facing tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to negotiate.
- The ability to self-motivate and motivate a team.
- Professional poise and pleasing personality.
How to Apply:
- Meet annual partnership-sign off target.
- Track and grow partnerships
- Achieve domain registration target.
- Achieve domain renewal target
- Grow domain registration numbers through new channels.
- Achieve the target for membership renewal.
- Onboard new registrars & resellers
Interested candidates should email their application letter accompanied with a detailed CV in PDF format clearly indicating their current/last and expected salary
to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be received on or before close of business on Tuesday 29th September, 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
KENIC is an equal opportunity employer and qualified applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
BDO JOB ADVERT-KENIC